Thank you TheThinkingCauldron for nominating me for the Leibster Award. I appreciate your comments, likes, and thoughtfulness. Wishing you all the best with your blog the remainder of 2018 and all of 2019!
What is your dream in life?
My dream in life is to live authentically and with passion on a daily basis. With grit and zeal, I know that I can make a difference – even if it’s only in my little world.
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
I would change the way we saw others. As a whole, we idolize the beautiful and talented and tend to deride and ignore those the standards of the world say aren’t pretty or don’t have skills that deserve praise. If we could all embrace each other as unique and valuable individuals (no matter our image or gifts) we could accomplish so much.
What is your favorite travel destination and why?
I love wild lands. Scotland and Nova Scotia ticked those boxes for me. Untamed, brisk and rocky, yet unparalleled in drama and excitement.
If it were possible, which era in history would you like to experience and why?
I think I would love to submerge into the late Victorian culture. I’m lured by the women who were on the cusp of more rights, world wars that loomed all around, the tension of progress, and even the countless revivals and healing evangelists that littered the nation (America). I would love to pin on my hat and waltz through town like a proper lady before going with my beau to dance the night away!
Would you prefer dying as someone who is famous and admired or someone who is unknown but loved?
I would want to die after making an impact that created sustainable change. Could I accomplish that as an unknown? I think so. It only takes the transformation of one heart to turn the world upside down.
What belief, philosophy, phenomenon, tradition fascinates you the most?
Flat-earthers. I am truly fascinated by their theories and the problem-solving – and their arguments! I think they symbolize something closer to a movement of free-thought than actually a legitimate scientific stance.
Which fantasy/science fiction world would you like to be a part of?
Middle Earth. I fancy myself a good Shieldmaiden of Rohan.
When or how do you think does a person achieve maturity?
When they learn to give up pride and be truly humble.
Which person inspires you the most?
I have longed loved so many historical figures, literary characters, and modern-day men and women who are inspiring. Currently, Heidi Baker has been a keen inspiration to me. She is an example of a small woman living a big life.
Mention one social norm that you think shouldn’t exist.
The Midwest courtesy smile and nod. Polite, but cringey.
- Worthy Daughter (Aisha Diaz)
- Serena Brooke
- Just Photographin’ (Justin Hess)
- Our Robinson Tribe (Tiffany Robinson)
- Lisa Kellett
- RS Noel
- Steph Pollock
- Sarah Lemkus
- Pure Design Teen Magazine (Pam Lozano, Founder)
- Raising Little Women (Belinda Love)
- If someone had to write a eulogy for you today, would you be satisfied with it?
- Do you spend more time thinking about what you can do now or more time thinking about what you can do in the future?
- Whats the reoccurring theme of your life?
- How would your life change if you had no access to the internet?
- What do you think would happen if clouds were actually cotton candy?
- If you had to describe your life right now as a BREAKING NEWS headline, what would it say?
- You wake up and find yourself strapped inside a rocket ship headed to colonize a new planet. Whats the first thing you hope someone packed for you?
- What was the last thing that “floored you”?
- Jesus takes you out for coffee (or tea!), what do you spend the majority of your time talking about?
- You have to pen one question for the most important person in the world. What would you ask?
Leibster Award Rules:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.